Helping Children through Covid-19
This is an uncertain time for everyone, and children may be feeling scared and worried. Their behaviours may have changed too. They may be acting out more, have trouble sleeping, are more clingy and have more meltdowns than usual. Here are some tips to let your children know that you’ve got them.
- Connect more often with your children and offer reassurance.
- Limit their exposure to Coronavirus media, which can heighten Children’s worries and fears.
- Acknowledge your own feelings and let children know it’s okay to share their feelings too.
- Include your children in plans and activities around the house
- Children are more than likely to be online now more than ever. To keep your children safe online go to esafety.gov.au for tips and guides during this period.
- If you have concerns about your child, seek professional help on how best you can support them. We offer Children and Family Counselling to support families during this period via phone and video-conferencing.