Manager Adult Specialist Support Services. Full Time – 12 Month Parental Leave Cover (Darwin)
The position of Manager Adult Specialist Support Services (ASSS) is to take up a lead role in the development, coordination and service delivery of three small Programs: Forced Adoption Support Service (FASS), Find & Connect Support Service (FCSS) and Redress Scheme Support Service (RSSS); each holds high social significance within Australian recent history.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in, Social Work, Psychology, Community Development or another relevant field.
- Knowledge of the historical context of the Forced Adoption Support Service, the Find & Connect Support Service, Redress Scheme Support Service, and the issues and experiences of people who are eligible for each service.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to trauma informed counselling including knowledge of the impact and effects of childhood trauma on adult functioning.
- Prior knowledge of working with individuals and families where complex trauma is a pressing issue.
- A strong commitment to supporting the development of culturally sensitive and accessible services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and organisations.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of people from different cultural backgrounds and to respond sensitively and appropriately to people in a variety of situations.
- Experience coordinating other professionals within programs who directly deliver the support services such as counselling, warm referrals and case management.
- Experience in liaising with external agencies, coordinating programs, and operating within a political environment/framework.
- Proven experience in stakeholder and community engagement, education and development skills.
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and commitment to work as a team member within the ethos and values of RANT.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Social Worker or Psychologist.
Applicants will require extensive screening, referee checks, identity check, Ochre Card and Criminal History check.
RANT provides excellent support, supervision, professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 per annum) and generous PBI salary sacrificing ($15,899 additional tax-free threshold).
Applying for the position
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com and include a Cover Letter, current CV and at least two referees. To discuss the position further please call Crystal on (08) 8923 4999.
Applications close 0900am Monday 9th March 2020. Please note – option to interview on application.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.