Counsellor, Disability Royal Commission Support Services (Full Time)
The purpose of this position is to provide high-quality trauma-informed counselling and casework for those affected by, or engaged with, the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.
The services provided under this program are accessible, client-focused and meet the needs of people with disability, their families and carers.
In the performance of this role, you are required to comply with the Safeguarding Children and Young People Practice and Behaviour Guidelines and to participate in cultural fitness activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or another relevant qualification with supervised clinical experience.
- Proven experience in counselling people with a disability affected by trauma and abuse, their families and carers.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to working in a trauma-informed framework, providing services to a wide range of clients.
- Proven experience of working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity and flexibility to travel to regional, rural and remote localities as and when required.
- Qualifications in disability.
Applicants will require extensive screening, referee checks, identity check, Ochre Card and Criminal History check.
RANT provides excellent support, supervision, professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 per annum) and generous PBI salary sacrificing ($15,899 additional tax-free threshold).
Applying for the position
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a Cover Letter, current CV and at least two referees. To discuss the position further please call Sue on (08) 8923 4999.
Please note – option to interview on application.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.