Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander (Identified) Engagement Officer (Part Time)
The purpose of this Indigenous identified position is to develop and provide effective, innovative and culturally secure services for those affected by or engaged with the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.
The services provided under this program are accessible, client-focused and meet the needs of people with disability, their families and carers. In the performance of this role, you are required to comply with the Safeguarding Children and Young People Practice and Behaviour Guidelines and to participate in cultural fitness activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in and demonstrated ability to undertake and maintain an appropriate level of case management work.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver information about Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander cultural knowledge.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities, organisations and individuals to deliver community education, networking and service promotion.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity and flexibility to travel to regional, rural and remote localities as and when required.
- Possession of or significant progress towards the completion of degree/diploma level tertiary qualifications in Social Science, Community Development or other related fields.
- Qualifications in disability.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to working in a trauma-informed framework, providing services to a wide range of clients.
Applicants will require extensive screening, referee checks, identity check, Ochre Card and Criminal History check.
RANT provides excellent support, supervision, professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 per annum) and generous PBI salary sacrificing ($15,899 additional tax-free threshold).
Applying for the position
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a Cover Letter, current CV and at least two referees. To discuss the position further please call Greg Bull on (08) 8950 4100.
Please note – option to interview on application.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.