Program Manager, Mediation Services - Darwin
This management position is responsible for the day to day operations and clinical management of the team that delivers services for the Family Relationship Centre, Regional Family Dispute Resolution Service, Workplace Mediation and other related EAP services.
It will support the Director of Mediation Services in managing a mediation team based in Darwin, and in supporting the development of quality service delivery in mediation throughout the Northern Territory.
Within this role, you are required to meet and comply with the Behaviour Standards outlined in our Safeguarding Children and Young People Practice and Behaviour Guidelines and actively participate in cultural safety and “cultural fitness”.
For further details about this position please refer to our Position Description and Employment Conditions
- Tertiary level qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Law or another relevant field and current accreditation, either as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) or a nationally Accredited Mediator.
- Substantial experience and comprehensive understanding in the area of mediation or family dispute resolution and group program facilitation.
- Demonstrated leadership and team development skills, with the ability to manage a range of diverse projects and issues in a community-based organisation.
- Previous experience in the ability to provide and monitor the clinical supervision of staff members.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Family Law Act, and Family Dispute Resolution, or National Mediator Accreditation Standards.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with Government departments, managing contracts and operating within a political environment/framework.
- Experience of managing a team, including initial recruitment and interviewing, through to dealing with employee relations issues.
- Experience in working with and delivering accessible services to diverse communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Tertiary qualification in Management.
- Willingness and ability to undertake national mediation accreditation (for workplace mediations) or Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner training.
- Experience in undertaking workplace mediations.
- Training and experience as a Child Consultant delivering a Child Inclusive approach to Family Dispute Resolution.
Prior to commencing in this role, you must possess the following:
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children’s check.
- A satisfactory National Criminal History Check.
- Possession of a current NT Driver’s Licence.
Benefits and Entitlements
- Relocation allowance (if applicable to the role).
- Relationships Australia NT provides support, supervision, professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 per annum).
- There is also salary sacrificing options, generous annual leave and an annual wellbeing allowance.
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria and include Resume and two Referees. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with a disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
To discuss this position further please contact Sue on 08 8923 4999.
Applications will be processed as received.